Ready for a Girls Day Out?

A writing forum that I belong to had a discussion this past week about the many other talents we have besides writing. There were photographers, seamstresses, artists, musicians, and many other talents in our group--and less than a third of our group actually responded. One of the talents I've been exploring over the past few months is making glass totems to decorate my flower beds and brighten up corners while I wait for flowers to come up and fill things in. I love walking around a garden and getting surprises like bird baths, fountains and statuary among the greenery, so I've been scouring stores and playing with different pieces, trying to get just the right look.

By the time I finished filling up my own beds, I was rather too hooked to stop, so my sister and parents talked me into doing a table at the Girl's Day Out boutique Kristi put together for this weekend. This bird feeder totem and the plate flower pictured here are only a couple of my many projects that will be for sale. I'm going to try and post these pictures, along with other projects I've worked on this year onto my web site over the next couple nights.

The boutique will be held at the Fitness Center in West Valley city at 5415 w 3100 S from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There are going to be over 20 vendors covering everything from scrapbook supplies, jewelry and accessories, clothing, cakes decorating, DVD slide shows, to pet supplies and much, much more. There is no charge for entry, so if you've got a little time on your hands and live in range, you should stop on by and check it out.

Sadly, I'm going to have to miss the boutique, as I have an EMT conference in St. George this weekend that I signed up for before I learned about the boutique. But I have a wonderful family who are willing to help me out. My parents and two of my sisters will all be there with their own goods and are going to run my table for me.

I wonder if they'll take payment in chocolate chip cookies?