Tristi's Book Launch

Saturday after spending several hours making stops for our business on the way north, I finally made it to Tristi's book launch party at Provident Book and Humdinger Toys in Pleasant Grove, which is sadly closing this month. It was a great event with lots of people showing up to visit and buy books--I bought several things myself, and I already had one of Tristi's books! By the way, Provident Book is having some gret discounts right now, so if you live in the area, you should stop by and check it out before it's too late.


Anyway, I was really worried because I made a cake for Tristi as a surprise, and I wasn't sure how well it would travel, especially since it was in my car all day. I packed it in one of those refrigeration bags so it wouldn't get too hot when I ran into offices, and it came out looking pretty good. I have to say thanks to my sister at Kristi's Cakes, she has a printer that uses food coloring to print on edible rice paper so it's totally safe to eat. Her cakes look way better than mine. She can ship your photos anywhere for you to put on your own cakes, too.

Anyway, it was a totally cool event since I got to see a lot of people I know from bloggerville and several old friends. My critique group all made it--except our e-mail member, Danyelle, who, tragically, lives on the other side of the country (If you don't believe this is a tragedy, you should see how many cell phone minutes the two of us use every month!). Pictured are Kim, Tristi, Keith, me and Nichole

Labels: , ,