Keep Your Diamond Sparkling!


My amazing friend, Rachelle Christensen is an expert at DIY techniques. I loved this easy way to keep your diamonds sparkling because I love my wedding ring and let's face it, everyday activities can really get it dirty. She shares this tip in her book, Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things, and she is one of the authors featured in Christmas Kisses: An Echo Ridge Anthology.


 Keep Your Diamonds Sparkling

A little tip from Rachelle

 I've been married to my sweetheart, Steve, for 17 years and this is the diamond ring he gave me all those years ago. It's been through a lot of wear, had to be re-pronged and frequently is dirty since I have five kids and endless household chores.
 I only get it cleaned when I go to the mall, and the shop we bought it from checks and cleans it, so if you look closely in the picture, you can see it isn't sparkling today because I don't go shopping much.

Here's a great little solution that only takes five minutes to keep your diamond sparkling!

Soak your diamond ring in a warm solution of liquid dish
detergent and water for five minutes.

Use a soft brush if necessary
to remove dirt. Soft is the key—don’t use a brush with bristles that
are stiff enough to scratch the ring’s metal setting.

Swish the ring
around in the solution and then place it in a colander (so you don’t
lose it down the drain). 

Rinse it thoroughly in warm water. Dry with
a lint-free cloth.

 Now look at that diamond ring sparkle! Hopefully you can tell a difference from the pictures. If not, try it, you'll definitely smile when you notice the difference on your own ring!

Courtesy of www.mashedpotatoesandcrafts.com

Learn more about Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things and all of the chapter tutorials here
You can read her fun story Hope for Christmas here for .99 cents for a limited time!